Duration of logrotate for /var/log/rudder/ is too long making /var/log too big
For now, we can't configure the duration of the retention of logs in /var/log/rudder which managed by logrotate, itself managed by Rudder (the one managed by logback can be changed in the logback.xml file not managed by rudder itself).
The correct solution would be to add a new parameter to make the duration configurable.
See also #10899 for the architecture constraints on that ticket (can impact the version on which we will be able to change the behavior)
For the record, workaround is to have a defaut value of 30 days for log rotation, and if the Parameter log_duration is defined, then the defined value will be used to define rotation (as a number of days)
#13 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 12 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1216
#16 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 11 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|6ba1df9ab3f19456b4af03f1d5d79461c0ec4391.
#17 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 10 months ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released