[rudder-users] tags, comments and best practise

tim taler robur314 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 15:06:27 CET 2019

> Hello Tim! Sorry for the delay, we missed your email. Answers inline:

Hi Francois, no prob, thanks for the answer!

> > ... the ability to insert a couple of lines (block)
> > at an arbitrary "anchor" in a config file
> > (insert line-s after/before line matching)
> > One use-case for this would be the
> > editing of /etc/rsyslog.conf

> File edit is more the domain of Nicolas, I will let him answer (or
> anyone who can, actually).
> I know that you can manage part of files based on anchor (in File Edit
> technique, things related to "enforce content by section", or "enforce
> content only in zone") but that's not quite what you need AFAIU.

no, not exactly - that would be sufficient on a file where I could set
the anchors beforehand - but than it would be already a template ;-)
A "simple"
insert_line_<before|after>(filename, anchor-regex, <line|block>-to_insert)
would help...

Even further down the road - is there maybe a technique for
yaml files on the horizon?
One use-case here would be to automate the injection of new
monitoring targets into my prometheus config
(though that might be better done in a propper plugin,
haven't had the time yet, but will also have a look at
your centreon adapter ... but I like prometheus A LOT ;-)

> > https://www.cisecurity.org/
> > (or https://verinice.com/)
> That's funny because we're actually working on a plugin for CIS
Great! Thanks a lot!
Will have a look

Best