[rudder-users] rudder-agent 4.3.6 fresh install Debian problems

Oliver Brandmüller Oliver.Brandmueller at deutschebahn.com
Fri Nov 23 15:57:43 CET 2018

Hello,

we're running rudder 4.3.6 in a test setup (root and nodes all Debian stretch) and I have some automated deployment routines. Everything used to work up to 4.3.4 - now with 4.3.6 updated agents are running fine, fresh installs seems to have problems:

After installing, configuring policy_server.dat and rebooting the machine it never shows up on the server unless logging in and doing "rudder agent inventory" and "rudder agent run" manually. Also after accepting nothing ever happens automatically. The cron entries are fine, cron is running. When running "rudder agent check" I get "WARNING: No disable file detected and no agent executor process either. Restarting agent service..." - I the get "ok" for stopping and restarting, however, the message stays the same and behavior does not change.

When triggering inventory, update and run things are being repaired, however, still nothing will work automatically.

I tried the 4.3 nightly and had the same.

Machines updated from earlier versions are working just as expected.

I don't currently have an 5.x setup (and cannot easily install the 5.x agent either in the current setup) to test.

Ideas, anyone?

Oliver Brandmüller
ITK-Betrieb (I.SVT(4))

DB Station&Service AG
Washingtonplatz 2, 10557 Berlin
Tel. +49 30 29765071, intern 99965071
Mobil: +49 1523 7523442

--- Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken. ---

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 87 691
USt-IdNr.: DE 199861749
Vorstand: Bernd Koch (Vorsitzender), Ute Möbus, Rolf Reh, Andreas Springer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Seiler

Nähere Informationen zur Datenverarbeitung im DB-Konzern finden Sie hier: https://www.deutschebahn.com/de/konzern/datenschutz