[rudder-users] Rudder inventory does not appear in Rundeck

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Fri Nov 25 10:22:44 CET 2016

On 22/11/2016 21:14, StanC wrote:
> Correction: I will post also on the Rundeck list.
>
> -----Original Message-----From: StanC <scruise56 at gmail.com>
> To: rudder-users at lists.rudder-project.org
> <rudder-users at lists.rudder-project.org>
> Subject: Rudder inventory does not appear in Rundeck
> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 13:11:28 -0700
>
> Per previous posts, I was able to install the Rundeck-Rudder Plugin .jar
> successfully. When starting a new Project, I am able to select a new
> Resource Model Source, Rudder Resources, and fill in the fields. This
> appears in the project.properties files, an example of which is attached
> to this email.
>
> On the Rudder side, I created an API account, got the token, and used
> this exact token in the above generated project.properties file.
> (starred out for security reasons here).
>
> But, the Rudder inventory does not appear over on the Rundeck side.
>
> I also attach an excerpt of a rundeck.log which indicates some problem
> with ssl certificate. I did try to determine how to perhaps modify the
> ssl cert on the Rudder side, but it is out of my expertise and I started
> to go in circles.
>
> The ssl stuff may not be the root cause here, but I do see evidence when
> surfing around that it is possibly the case.
>
> I expect that this posting should be on the Rudder mailing list, so I
> will do that now.

Hello StanC,

Sorry to missed that email!

For the record, we discussed it off-mailing-list, and there is an option
in the Rudder plugin configuration on Rundeck that allows to not check
SSL path, for example when used with self-signed certificates.

Stanc tryed the option, and for some reasons it was not working at
first, but finally everything worked as expected.

Have a nice day,

<http://www.devopsrex.fr>
*François ARMAND*
/Co-founder & CTO/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55