[rudder-users] order of application

Nicolas Perron nicolas.perron at normation.com
Mon Sep 24 10:41:52 CEST 2012

> bonjour,
>

> Il y a un mois j'ai installé et configuré rudder server 2.3 sans
> problème.
> J'ai essayé la 2.4 et l'agent me donne cette erreur:
>

>  /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-agent -KI
>  !! Duplicate selection of value for variable "execRun" in scope g
>  !! Rule from /var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/site.cf
> at/before line 58
> R:
> @@Common@@log_info@@hasPolicyServer-root@@common-root@@5@@common@@StartRun@@2012-09-21
> 16:32:50+02:00##4a069efc-54a2-4f9b-a310-de31de09940d@#Start execution
> BAD: Unspecified server refusal (see verbose server output)
>  !! Authentication dialogue with 172.16.20.52 failed
> Unable to establish connection with 172.16.20.52
>  -> No suitable server responded to hail
> Promise (version not specified) belongs to bundle 'update' in file
> '/var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/update.cf' near line 83
> BAD: Unspecified server refusal (see verbose server output)
>  !! Authentication dialogue with 172.16.20.52 failed
> Unable to establish connection with 172.16.20.52
>  -> No suitable server responded to hail
> Promise (version not specified) belongs to bundle 'update' in file
> '/var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/update.cf' near line 99
> R:
> @@HasPolicyServer@@Error@@hasPolicyServer-root#@common-root##4a069efc-54a2-4f9b-a310-de31de09940d@#Cannot
> update policy files
>  -> Executing '/usr/bin/curl -s -f -o "/var/rudder/tmp/uuid.txt"
> http://172.16.20.52/uuid' ...(timeout=-678,owner=-1,group=-1)
>  -> Completed execution of /usr/bin/curl -s -f -o
> "/var/rudder/tmp/uuid.txt" http://172.16.20.52/uuid
> R:
> @@Common@@log_info@@hasPolicyServer-root@@common-root@@5@@common@@EndRun@@2012-09-21
> 16:32:50+02:00##4a069efc-54a2-4f9b-a310-de31de09940d@#End execution
>

> Merci
>

> Francois Armand <francois.armand at normation.com> writes:
>> Le 03/09/2012 10:06, Michael Gliwinski a écrit :
>>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> A quick question.  Is there a way to affect the order in which directives
>> are
>> applied?  Or the order in generated bundlesequence?
>>
>> The specific issue I'm having now is that I have an RPM package
>> installation
>> directive and a checkGenericFileContent directive for updating a
>> configuration
>> file installed by the package.  The problem is that
>> checkGenericFileContent is
>> before rpmPackageInstallation in the bundlesequence, so on first
>> installation
>> the config file is created by CFe before the package is installed, which
>> causes
>> RPM to install the config file as an .rpmnew file.
>>

>> Michael,
>>
>> I opened that ticket to follow that request: [
> [...]
spoken language is English, then you have to write in English.

Besides, you're problem is not related to this thread so a new thread
will be more suitable. Could you open a new thread, please ?

We need more information to help you. Could you be more precise ?

  * What is your OS ?

  * What was the version of Rudder installed before ? Rudder 2.3.8 ?

  * What is the version installed now ? Rudder 2.4.0.beta4  ? You can
    check the version by using these commands:

      * On debian:

        apt-cache search -i -f rudder | grep -A 1 "Package: "

      * On SuSE:

	    zypper search -is rudder

      * On RHEL/CentOS:

	    yum list installed | grep rudder

  * Are the same versions of Rudder installed on the node and server ?

  * Is your node already accepted from Rudder ?

  * Is the IP of the node corresponding to the accepted network defined
    in Rudder (Administration => Policy Server) ?

  * Could you run on the server cf-server into verbose mode, on the
    agent run cf-agent and post us the output ?
      o On the server:

        pkill -f /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-serverd

        /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-serverd --no-fork -v

      o On the node:

        /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-agent -IK -b update

Thanks for your report !

Nicolas PERRON
Normation
87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France