[rudder-users] order of application

Khalid Farrahe khalid.farrahe at educagri.fr
Fri Sep 21 16:36:04 CEST 2012

bonjour,

Il y a un mois j'ai installé et configuré rudder server 2.3 sans
problème.
J'ai essayé la 2.4 et l'agent me donne cette erreur:

 /var/rudder/cfengine-community/bin/cf-agent -KI
 !! Duplicate selection of value for variable "execRun" in scope g
 !! Rule from /var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/site.cf
at/before line 58
R:
@@Common@@log_info@@hasPolicyServer-root@@common-root@@5@@common@@StartRun@@2012-09-21
16:32:50+02:00##4a069efc-54a2-4f9b-a310-de31de09940d@#Start execution
BAD: Unspecified server refusal (see verbose server output)
 !! Authentication dialogue with 172.16.20.52 failed
Unable to establish connection with 172.16.20.52
 -> No suitable server responded to hail
Promise (version not specified) belongs to bundle 'update' in file
'/var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/update.cf' near line 83
BAD: Unspecified server refusal (see verbose server output)
 !! Authentication dialogue with 172.16.20.52 failed
Unable to establish connection with 172.16.20.52
 -> No suitable server responded to hail
Promise (version not specified) belongs to bundle 'update' in file
'/var/rudder/cfengine-community/inputs/common/1.0/update.cf' near line 99
R:
@@HasPolicyServer@@Error@@hasPolicyServer-root#@common-root##4a069efc-54a2-4f9b-a310-de31de09940d@#Cannot
update policy files
 -> Executing '/usr/bin/curl -s -f -o "/var/rudder/tmp/uuid.txt"
http://172.16.20.52/uuid' ...(timeout=-678,owner=-1,group=-1)
 -> Completed execution of /usr/bin/curl -s -f -o
"/var/rudder/tmp/uuid.txt" http://172.16.20.52/uuid
R:
@@Common@@log_info@@hasPolicyServer-root@@common-root@@5@@common@@EndRun@@2012-09-21
16:32:50+02:00##4a069efc-54a2-4f9b-a310-de31de09940d@#End execution

Merci

Francois Armand <francois.armand at normation.com> writes:
> Le 03/09/2012 10:06, Michael Gliwinski a écrit :
>

>Hi All,
>
>A quick question.  Is there a way to affect the order in which directives
>are
>applied?  Or the order in generated bundlesequence?
>
>The specific issue I'm having now is that I have an RPM package
>installation
>directive and a checkGenericFileContent directive for updating a
>configuration
>file installed by the package.  The problem is that
>checkGenericFileContent is
>before rpmPackageInstallation in the bundlesequence, so on first
>installation
>the config file is created by CFe before the package is installed, which
>causes
>RPM to install the config file as an .rpmnew file.
>

>Michael,
>
>I opened that ticket to follow that request: [
>http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/2881
>]http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/2881
>
>Cheers,
>
>--