[rudder-users] Rudder 2.3.5 available

Jonathan CLARKE jonathan.clarke at normation.com
Fri Dec 16 12:01:55 CET 2011

I'm pleased to announce that a new version of Rudder is now available:
2.3.5.

This version comes as a follow-up to version 2.3.0. Intermediate
versions 2.3.1, 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 were released internally here at
Normation, but did not meet our QA testing requirements, so were not
released publicly [1]. 2.3.4 is actually also released, but 2.3.5
followed so closely, there's only one announcement for both...

We apologize for this confusion, and the delay - please bear with us
while we get our processes set up. Releases should be a lot smoother in
the future!

The following packages are available immediately, at the normal place [2]:
- Server packages for Debian 5 (lenny), Debian 6 (squeeze) and SLES 11.
- Agent packages for Debian 5 (lenny), Debian 6 (squeeze), RHEL/CentOS
5, SLES 10 and SLES 11.

Please note the GPG key used to sign RPM packages and APT repositories
has changed [3].

A full change log is available at
http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/System/Documentation:ChangeLog23.

As you will see, we have fixed quite a few bugs, and added and improved
many Policy Templates thanks to various feedback received. Please keep
testing and keep the comments coming, we appreciate them a lot!

Regards,
Jonathan

[1] Of course, all history and tags are available on our public git
repositories at http://github.com/Normation if you're curious!
You can also install old versions from the packages, if you *really*
want to! ;-)
URLs are described on http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/Download/WebHome

[2] Download options and links are described on
http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/Download/WebHome

[3] See instructions to obtain the new key on
http://www.rudder-project.org/rudder-doc-2.3/rudder-doc.html#_add_the_rudder_packages_repository