[rudder-dev] adding feature to a technique

Michael Gliwinski Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com
Tue Feb 5 13:40:46 CET 2013

On Sunday 03 Feb 2013 16:50:59 François Armand wrote:
> Michael Gliwinski <Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com> a écrit :
> >On Sunday 03 Feb 2013 13:56:14 Jonathan Clarke wrote:
> >> What do you think about this versioning policy, everyone?
> >
> >This makes perfect sense.  The only drawback I can see is that finding
> >history
> >of changes to a file (from vcs) will become more difficult because
> >pretty much
> >before starting development you'll be creating a copy.
> >
> >Unless the versioning could be somehow separated from the source?
>
> Yeah, I'm thinking about a way to separate technique development from
> versioning in Rudder, so that Dev could use any VCS they want with any
> commit convention they choose, and have an other production-compliant
> versioning schema alike what Jon proposed. But well, I need some more
> thinking !)

I know, it's hard.  I thought about it some more and the only thing I could
come up with that would preserve being able to version each technique
individually was to split the repository so each technique has it's own, but
that's probably a maintenance nightmare :|

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12