[rudder-dev] rules and directives gone after upgrade to nightly

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Mon Sep 17 11:32:04 CEST 2012

Le 17/09/2012 11:18, Michael Gliwinski a écrit :
> On Saturday 15 Sep 2012 19:06:35 Nicolas Charles wrote:
>> This is a real puzzler, since your config and LDAP seems to be correct,
>> and new and visible entry don't seem to differ from old ones... So I'll
>> try a wild guess : we improved the ldap indexes in the latest revision
>> (ticket http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/2751), and you said
>> you had errors during the migration procedure, so maybe slapd didn't
>> reindexed its entries.
>>
>> Could you try to stop Rudder (/etc/init.d/rudder-server-root stop),
>> reindex your ldap directory (/opt/rudder/sbin/slapindex -f
>> /opt/rudder/etc/openldap/slapd.conf), restart Rudder and tell us if it
>> solved your issue ?
> Ha, you nailed it!  After re-indexing everything (active techniques,
> directives, rules, groups) is visible in the web interface again.
>
> That's brilliant, thanks for help everyone :)

Ah, yes !!

Thank you so much Nicolas to think to that !
And for the future: http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/2900

And thank you Michael for all the time and explanation about that bug
report, it's really valuable for us and Rudder !

*François ARMAND*
/Directeur de la R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55