[rudder-dev] rules and directives gone after upgrade to nightly

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Sun Sep 16 23:08:02 CEST 2012

Le 15/09/2012 19:06, Nicolas Charles a écrit :
> Le 15/09/2012 15:16, Michael Gliwinski a écrit :
>> Re-sending to the list too :P
>>
>> Many thanks for helping out guys :)  Replies inline.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thank you for the detailed answer.
>
> This is a real puzzler, since your config and LDAP seems to be
> correct, and new and visible entry don't seem to differ from old
> ones... So I'll try a wild guess : we improved the ldap indexes in the
> latest revision (ticket
> http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/2751), and you said you
> had errors during the migration procedure, so maybe slapd didn't
> reindexed its entries.
>
> Could you try to stop Rudder (/etc/init.d/rudder-server-root stop),
> reindex your ldap directory (/opt/rudder/sbin/slapindex -f
> /opt/rudder/etc/openldap/slapd.conf), restart Rudder and tell us if it
> solved your issue ?

Yeh, that seems to be a good idea, or something like that because, as
far as I can say, the LDAP contains what we want, be we are not able to
see it from Rudder, and you can see it from ldapsearch... And I just
can't understand, even with corrupted indexes. But the fact that the new
Rule appears clearly show that it's not a configuration problem.

Ho, one more idea: could you try to clone a non-working rule, just
changing its uuid, to see if it appears, to ?

If that does not work, the next step seems to be to make OpenLDAP log
requests, and see what is ask, what answer it produces, and what it
should have produce...

That's really a puzzling one...

*François ARMAND*
/Directeur de la R&D/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55