[rudder-dev] rules and directives gone after upgrade to nightly

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Sat Sep 15 19:06:35 CEST 2012

Le 15/09/2012 15:16, Michael Gliwinski a écrit :
> Re-sending to the list too :P
>
> Many thanks for helping out guys :)  Replies inline.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the detailed answer.

This is a real puzzler, since your config and LDAP seems to be correct,
and new and visible entry don't seem to differ from old ones... So I'll
try a wild guess : we improved the ldap indexes in the latest revision
(ticket http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/2751), and you said
you had errors during the migration procedure, so maybe slapd didn't
reindexed its entries.

Could you try to stop Rudder (/etc/init.d/rudder-server-root stop),
reindex your ldap directory (/opt/rudder/sbin/slapindex -f
/opt/rudder/etc/openldap/slapd.conf), restart Rudder and tell us if it
solved your issue ?

Many thanks,
Nicolas