[rudder-announce] [Release] Rudder 6.1.0 is out!

Vincent Membré vincent at rudder.io
Wed Jun 17 23:28:14 CEST 2020

Dear Rudder community,

We are very proud to announce that we have just released a new version:
Rudder 6.1.0.

Here a small summary of new major features:

  *

    In addition to existing node properties, we added group properties,
    and improved global parameters. This allows powerful hierarchic
    variable definition, with easy overrides.

  *

    Several improvements for techniques created with the technique editor:

        Technique description is now rendered as markdown in the
        directive form, allowing to document the technique for its users.

        The technique parameter now have a description field, to help
        the user fill the form, like already existed for build-in
        techniques.

        You can chose the category you put your techniques in directly
        from the editor.

  *

    New generic methods for file edition using Augeas <https://augeas.net/>.

  *

    The groups page has been redesigned with a much cleaner interface.

  *

    In node details, the system policies have moved from the
    "Compliance" to a a new "System status" tab for improved readability.

  *

    The resource manager in the technique editor has been improved.

  *

    New useful commands:

        |rudder server create-user| to create admin users,

        |rudder agent policy-server| to manage an agent’s policy server.

  *

    The API documentation has been migrated to OpenAPI and its content
    was updated and improved.

This version of Rudder is a final release. We have tested it thoroughly
and believe it to be free of any major bugs.

More details and installation/upgrade procedures can be found in the
changelog:
https://docs.rudder.io/changelogs/6.1/index.html

We look forward to your feedback on:
https://twitter.com/rudderio