[rudder-announce] [Release] Rudder 4.0.0 is out!

Alexis Mousset alexis.mousset at normation.com
Tue Nov 15 10:11:07 CET 2016

Dear Rudder community,

We are very proud to announce that we have just released a new version:
Rudder 4.0.0.

Major new features include:

  * Policy can be applied in "Audit mode", which only checks
    configuration and does not enforce it, on a global, per-node or
    per-directive basis
  * Global redesign of web interface
  * Files from shared folder can be selected using a file browser
  * Agents can be remotely started using API (wrapper for "rudder remote
    run" on the CLI)
  * Settings API
  * Rudder agent status command
  * Performance improved (compliance, policy generation are faster)
  * New protocol for file copy

To learn more about these features, you can read our blog post about
Rudder 4.0: https://www.normation.com/en/blog/2016/11/11/rudder-4-0/

The ChangeLog is available here: http://www.rudder-project.org/changelog-4.0

This version of Rudder is a final release. We have tested it thoroughly
and believe it to be free of any major bugs. This version is now the
latest version of Rudder (lastest ESR is still 3.1), and 3.2 will hence
reach end-of-life in 3 months, the 10th February 2017.

As always, check out
https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/ for download
links and https://www.rudder-project.org/doc-4.0 for installation and
upgrade instructions.

We look forward to your feedback, be it comments on this list, questions
on Twitter (@RudderProject <https://twitter.com/RudderProject>) or on
IRC (#rudder <http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=rudder> on Freenode)
, bug reports or feature requests (or of course GitHub pull requests).

Wishing you a pleasant day

*Logo Normation Alexis MOUSSET*
/System Engineer/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87, Rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Phone: 	+33 (0)1 84 17 77 93