Degraded style of text areas in directive forms
After upgrade, text editor fields became bad readable. Height was limited to 3 lines and font now is proportional.
What I expect:
- Font must be monospaced (and be system default). There are no love letters inside, but configs, that are in common position-sensitive. Although, in common, all types of semi-colons are very important and this case is although well cared only by "monospace" types.
- At least 5 strings for fast-read the head of config. M.b. will be best to make some tuning: "to be or not to be adaptive" for editor field height.
- For my taste, editor boundaries became too slim. Not eye-friendly.
- It will be although a great idea to integrate https://github.com/codemirror/codemirror or something like to highlight syntax depending on content.
#1 Updated by François ARMAND about 1 year ago
- Tags set to Ease of use, Quick and important, Next minor release
- Assignee set to Raphael GAUTHIER
- Priority changed from N/A to 2
Thanks for reporting. I fear some default css from bootstrap was applied when we updated it. Totally agree on the monospace font (I don't think it can be the system one, not sure about it)
For the three line height, normally you can make it bigger by dragging the lower-righ corner. That does not change the default size, but at least make you able to edit it sanely.
Raphaël, this is important, can you take a look to it please ?
#12 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
#13 Updated by Dmitry Svyatogorov 12 months ago
Please note that in Rudder 4.0.2 editor default height still stays to small (3 lines), while 3.2.10 looks ok (5 lines is enough for preview).
Althourg, 4.0.2 design combines big red+green rectangles (e.g. "save"|"delete"|"enforced") which is eye-unfriendly (at least for me).
M.b. there is a way to customize CSS (some "interface theme" tuning)? Unfortunately, I didn't found how.