group management technique doesn't ensure optional user is in group
if the group already exists
"option Users included in the group (optional)"
doesn't work UNLESS you also select enforce the content of the group
#1 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET over 1 year ago
- Target version set to 2.11.24
Indeed, the "Enforce the group content" boolean is used as a condition to edit the group content.We should have:
- an option to append the users list to the group
- an option to enforce only these users.
We should also rename the body named "groups_file_append" that does not append users but set the whole content of the group.
#10 Updated by François ARMAND 8 months ago
- Severity changed from Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround to Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
- User visibility changed from Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings to Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
- Priority changed from 0 to 31
The behavior is the expected one, but the label for the checkbox must be explicit about what it does (obviously, it is not).
#19 Updated by François ARMAND 2 months ago
- Tags set to Sponsored
- Severity changed from Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- Priority changed from 42 to 79
There is in fact no easy workaround to be able to ensure that an user is in a group.
#21 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET about 2 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Alexis MOUSSET to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1205
#22 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET about 2 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|4c0728ec522d659b956e6374bfe4cdacbf7f4d87.
#23 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 1 month ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released