Technique files contains UTF-8 chars (especially spaces)
There is several techniques files containing UTF-8 chars, especially an UTF-8 space.
AFAIK, these chars are only in comments, but I only looked in system techniques.
The problem with a change to remove them will be in merge where it will be hard to know what is the correct space to get.
For information, the joined file is a list of such chars in system techniques.
#13 Updated by François ARMAND over 1 year ago
We had a problem with a cfengine command not doing what was expected due to a utf-8 space in place of a space.
We also add a problem with a third party scripts (python I believe?) that didn't parsed the content as expected due to them (it was breaking regex).
The bigger problem is that it breaks any regex apply on these file when done by human looking for space. It's surprising and deceving.
#20 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE about 1 year ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Jonathan CLARKE to Benoît PECCATTE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1139
#21 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|5f5cd2384f399257f489235e0e88753abc9e4692.
#22 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released