FusionInventory --scan-homedirs should not be on by default
The system promises have a feature in fusioninventory that searches all user homedirs for virtual machines stored there.
It's used to related those virtual machines to a rudder client's inventory.
Virtual Machines installed
Virtual Machines in user's homedirectory
is more of a desktop thing.
Running this on servers with 100s of user homedirectories is a massive IO waster, if it gets into scanning NFS mounts it gets even worse, might take hours or days to complete depending on the size of the server.
Could you please make this a configurable opt-in feature?
($here we're stripping it but it would be enough to be able to just have it configurable)
#18 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE about 1 year ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1094
#19 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|39c91e8d5c60f19749c63fb71e5232e25e322531.