User story #7093
Include Timezone in Inventory
Please also make the Timezone-Info of a node available via the Inventory System
(Basically you need the output of `date +%Z` in a field)
See also Issue #7092.
#10 Updated by Matthieu CERDA almost 2 years ago
This information is not specific to Rudder, and should thus go in the <OPERATINGSYSTEM> anchor.Something to take in account here is that timezones representation tend to differ between systems:
- UNIces and UNIX-like systems tend to favor ISO8601 or Olson representations ('+0200', 'CEST', 'Europe/Paris')
- Windows systems have their own representation, as seen in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms912391(v=winembedded.11).aspx ('Europe/Paris' => 'Romance Standard Time')
What I would propose in this case would be to have a mandatory attribute that contains the derivation from UTC, that is an actual consensus between all systems, and another one that would give the ISO8601 representation, as given by stfrtime %Z:
<TIMEZONE> <NAME>CEST</NAME> <OFFSET>+0200</OFFSET> </TIMEZONE>
The NAME would use the Windows format on Windows machines: that is to be expected.
#11 Updated by Matthieu CERDA almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Discussion
Work has begun on this, to implement the feature upstream: https://github.com/fusioninventory/fusioninventory-agent/issues/166
#14 Updated by Matthieu CERDA almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Matthieu CERDA to Benoît PECCATTE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/1100
#15 Updated by Matthieu CERDA almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset rudder-packages|a59889a72ef5b023cd164aa3fad76df1e2b61b9c.