When a technique reports several time the exact same text, there is only one report generated
In the Technique refactoring in Rudder 3.0 to use rudder_common_reports, we introduced a bug which prevent to have duplicate identical reports.
The main problem is that we are calling a bundle to do reports, with exactly the same parameters, and in this bundle, the agent detects that he already handled this promises, and skip it !
This bug appears when in a given directive, we are managing twice (or more) the same object.
A workaround would be to create a new version of rudder_common_report and rudder_common_report_generic, with a new parameter (the current index), and se this index as an handle or comment of the usebundle and reports.
This permit the agent to distinguish each promises.
This should go at least in 3.0, but could go to 2.11 to allow backporting of techniques
#3 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE over 3 years ago
We should change Rudder internal API in the following way:
- add a new report bundle that take a new parameter, named or call_id or ...
- call this bundle instead of rudder_common_report in every technique that is multi-instance or can have multivalued components
- use the existing index for multivaluation in the technique as the new parameter
- On old Rudder versions the new bundle should create a report with message containing the index (as nicely as possible)
- On new Rudder versions the new bundle should create a report with a new field containing the index that is parsable by Rudder
#48 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES 3 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Nicolas CHARLES to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1321
#50 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES 3 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|48cf123c4b84d9560eb857098b197158c0a7c862.
#51 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 2 months ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released