When all versions of a technique are deprecated, the last deprecation warning should be displayed
In rudder 3.0, the technique "Zypper package manager configuration" has no version that is not deprecated since it has been fully replaced by another technique.
In the directive menu, when you click on the technique, nothing is displayed by default.
If there is no version candidate, we should display the warning found in the last available version's "deprecated" tag, so that the user is informed that he should use another technique.
#3 Updated by François ARMAND about 3 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to User story
- Subject changed from When all versions of a technique are deprecated, nothing is displayed in rudder to When all versions of a technique are deprecated, the last deprecation warning should be displayed
- Target version changed from 3.0.3 to 3.1.0~beta1
I'm not even sur that it is a bug and not a feature enhancement.
Requalifying as such.
#4 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE about 3 years ago
- Tracker changed from User story to Bug
- Assignee set to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Priority changed from 5 to 2
- Target version changed from 3.1.0~beta1 to 3.0.4
- Reproduced set to No
I disagree, this is a bug to my mind. This will be confusing for users, and we should never display no versions without explaining why.
It seems to me this would be a quick fix, I'd rather see this happen sooner rather than later. This is particularly important because 3.1 will likely deprecate such Techniques ("Zypper package manager configuration").