Technique "Download From A Shared Folder": copy files to directory destination doesn't work
With Download From A Shared Folder, #3646 lead to have a file with name of a directory instead of placing the file in the destination directory.
What is more unfortunate here is that if we copy a file in a path requiring a directory with the same name than a file it will not work.
- /tmp/foo is a directory
- we want to copy file1 in /tmp/foo with "/tmp/foo/" in destination in the Directive
- result: /tmp/foo will be replaced by the content of file1 (cf #3646)
- /tmp/foo is a file
- file2 is another file
- we want to copy file2 in /tmp/foo/bar/baz
- result: the folder /tmp/foo will not be able to be created since a file with the same name already exist
Now, imagine that you made the first mistake, you will have to delete the wrong file (/tmp/foo) before to apply the second example without error.
I suppose we should propose to enforce or not a file/directory during the copy ?
#37 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 12 months ago
- Subject changed from Technique "Download From A Shared Folder": Copy a file with same name than a directory will replace it by the file but copying a file with a path requiring a directory with the same name than a file will not work to Technique "Download From A Shared Folder": copy files to directory destination doesn't work