Incomplete description of the behaviour of technique copyGitFile, that may result in broken permissions of whole folder
The Technique copyGitFile allow to copy a file from the shared folder.
However, if in "full path" we put a folder, rather of a specific file name, the permission part apply to the WHOLE folder, resulting usually in painful result
We should clearly state that permission apply to the defined "full path", and can so apply to a complete folder, and break everything is not used correctly.
#1 Updated by François ARMAND 5 months ago
- Severity changed from Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- Effort required set to Very Small
- Priority changed from 50 to 86
I'm setting it to major, because the consequences of that problem are EXTREMELLY hard to heal (imagine changing all your perms on /etc/...)
#5 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET 4 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Alexis MOUSSET to Benoît PECCATTE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1204
#6 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET 4 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|906f30f96fe8299bc4af92b086cdf314c69509d5.
#7 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 4 months ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released