Manually restoring permissions for NCF after archive import is broken
As of 4.1 documentation, the "Basic Administration" -> "Archiving" -> "Importing configuration" states:
If necessary, correct all files permissions: chown -R root:rudder directives groups parameters ruleCategories rules techniques
However, this is not completely correct, since the NCF Editor requires not
root but the
ncf-api-venv user to have write permissions.
So either this an additionally required correct command:
chown -R ncf-api-venv:rudder ncf/50_techniques techniques/ncf_techniques/
Or you'd need to give the rudder g+w to all files, since the user is member of the rudder group.
#1 Updated by François ARMAND 5 months ago
- Target version set to 3.1.24
- Severity set to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings
- Effort required set to Very Small
- Priority changed from 0 to 68
#6 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES 4 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-doc|00b8da2d9868c5421811112a9b89db1a4848cf11.
#7 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 4 months ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released