Node key display differences
in "rudder agent info" we're shown the key hash as per cf-keys.
In the web interface we instead see the key as per the ppkeys/localhost.pub file.
Those infos cannot be compared and rudder should display the same thing in both places.
#1 Updated by François ARMAND 3 months ago
- Target version set to 3.1.21
- Severity set to Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings
- Effort required set to Very Small
So, the best solution would be to also display the cfkey hash in the webapp.
It is given in 4.1, and harder in 3.1 (because in 4.1, we already have everything needed to calculate the CFEngine key hash, and it would be quite some code/dependencies to backport to 3.1 - but it must be checked).
#3 Updated by François ARMAND 3 months ago
- Target version changed from 3.1.21 to 4.0.7
So, it is doable in 4.0 and 4.1 trivially: just display the NodeInfo.cfengineKeyHash property in the UI, in node details "Display Node key" and updating the text to:
Display Node key: Public Key: -----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY----- ..... -----END RSA PUBLIC KEY----- CFEngine Key Hash: here-the-result-of-NodeInfo.cfengineKeyHash