Agent build documentation in GitHub README is out of date
The git instructions are telling you to go to SOURCES of your favorite build target, export your target branch via env, and then to hit "make"
This does run into multiple dependency issues.
Please try building from a "lean" debian install and adjust what the makefile does, or require an installation of build-essentials plus whatever is on top of that, only.
I was pointed at a different document (in the manual, with quite different instructions, i.e. still hand-editing RUDDER_VERSION_TO_BUILD and manually doing a checkout.
Please spend some time to make all your build documentations refer each other correctly or have them be in sync.
I know it's improved already, but please keep going. It feels like it primarily affects the persons with potential to contribute to Rudder.
#1 Updated by François ARMAND 6 months ago
- Severity changed from Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround to Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
- Effort required set to Very Small
- Priority changed from 0 to 83
Thanks for reporting, effectively the README is totally out of date.
#6 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET 6 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Alexis MOUSSET to Benoît PECCATTE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/1352
#7 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET 6 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-packages|5cf6c128f5c3f2ce7fc6379a3fc5b3fa7b001a19.