Cannot generate promises when invalid character in a group name (double quote here)
I created a group and assigned a rule to it, and my technique library then started throwing an error (actually, a lot of errors: https://pastebin.com/RZdVkWgr) after trying to refresh. Granted, the name I chose was terrible (i was very tired) - it was "Prod"-PHL (s1-pl***). I don't know if it was the double quotes, the space, the parenthesis, the hyphen, or the asterisks (again, i was tired) but it didn't like one of them. I renamed the group and all was right again.
#1 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 4 months ago
- Subject changed from syntax checking when creating a group to Cannot generate promises when invalid character in a group name (double quote here)
- Assignee set to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Target version set to 4.0.5
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings
- Effort required set to Small
Thanks for reporting Josh!
Indeed the name is not very friendly but naming thing is hard ;)
that character should be allowed but we forgot to espace that quote when it generates a class for that group.
Escaping it in generation will fix this issue