User story #10551
Make policy generation be node by node
Web - Config management
Target version (plugin):
Want - This would make my life a lot easier but I can manage without
Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
We want to make the policy generation node by node, so that:
- a faulty node does not block the policy generation for other nodes,
- in case of very long generation (>30 min), we don't have to wait the whole time to have node starting to get new policy generation,
- errors are reported on a node by node basis
- we can have a meaningfull progress bar for the generation ("7 nodes out of 25"...)
This, of course, lead a number of questions, for example:
- how do we manage dependencies (typically between a node and its policy server, if hostname change)? What happen if only one the the two updates breaks?
- how do we make errors understandable and discoverable? Imagine if 7000 nodes are in error.
(and certainly a number of others).