User story #1040
Add possibility to delete an accepted node
It could be necessary to delete a node from Rudder: for example if a test machine became non-existant (case of EC2's instance) or if an old machine is out of service.
- Add a button "Remove from Rudder" in detail view of a node
- After a click appears a popup asking confirmation: "Are you sure you want to remove this node from Rudder? This operation cannot be undone. Cancel / Yes, remove it"
- Deactive the machine into LDAP base in order to be no more into the interface and be out of his groups
#8 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE about 6 years ago
- Category set to Web - Nodes & inventories
- Status changed from New to 2
- Assignee set to Nicolas CHARLES
The aim of this user story in 2.4.0~alpha1 iteration is to validate how easy this is to do: it may be quite simple. If it is not, we must create new user stories to cut up the work, and consider planning them for the 2.4.0~alpha2 iteration.
#10 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES about 6 years ago
- deleting entries from ou=Nodes and ou=Accepted Inventories,ou=Nodes and ou=Nodes Configuration is simply not enough
The systemGroup "hasPolicyServer-root" isn't automatically updated (and the deployement fails because of that)
The static group are not updated either, but it doesn't make the deploiement fails (but makes error when displaying the group)
- delete the node
- delete the references to the node in the groups
- delete the machine is it was only related to the node (container of the nodeId in ou=Accepted Inventories
And it would be great not to delete but to move in a Deleted Inventories branch