A 4.1 agent cannot fetch its promises from a 3.1 server
When installing a 4.1 agent, it cannot fetch its promises from the 3.1 server, as it looks for rudder-promises-generated file, while rudder_promises_generated is the generated file in 3.1
2017-01-23T10:27:16+0000 verbose: 192.168.41.6> Received: STAT /var/rudder/share/5ee1fcf2-54b4-4f7a-bba2-dca5166abe00/rules/cfengine-community/rudder-promises-generated 2017-01-23T10:27:16+0000 info: 192.168.41.6> Failed to canonicalise filename '/var/rudder/share/5ee1fcf2-54b4-4f7a-bba2-dca5166abe00/rules/cfengine-community/rudder-promises-generated' (realpath: No such file or directory) 2017-01-23T10:27:16+0000 verbose: 192.168.41.6> REFUSAL to (user=root,ip=192.168.41.6) of request: SYNCH 1485167236 STAT /var/rudder/share/5ee1fcf2-54b4-4f7a-bba2-dca5166abe00/rules/cfengine-community/rudder-promises-generated <pre> Copying the file with - solves the issue
#7 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Alexis MOUSSET to Benoît PECCATTE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1126
#8 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET over 1 year ago
A little explanation here. While merging initial promises into techniques 4.0, we renamed
rudder-promises-generated (#7927). Just after, we added generation of the old
rudder_promises_generated back (#9234), before releasing 4.0.0.
This means that:
- All released Rudder server generate the
- 3.1 agents read the
- 4.0/4.1 agents read the
It breaks compatibility between 4.0/4.1 nodes and 3.1 servers (only when upgrading the agents).
This fix will be:
- Make 4.0/4.1 agents use the
- To allow compatibility of released 4.0 nodes (4.0.0 to 4.0.3) with 3.1, will add the generation of
rudder-promises-generatedto 3.1 servers too
#9 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|aa00bbe2c3c4ac970b849701ab17892ec147419d.
#10 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
- Priority set to 0
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.0.4 and 4.1.1 which were released today.
- 4.0.4: Announce Changelog
- 4.1.1: Announce Changelog
- Download: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/