The following versions were released on 19th April 2017:
- 3.1.19 (changelog, upgrade documentation) – Rudder 3.1 is currently the ESR version of Rudder. It will be maintained 6 months after the 4.1 release is considered as ESR.
- 4.0.4 (changelog, upgrade documentation) – Rudder 4.0 is currently the old-latest release of Rudder. It will reach end of life the 30th June 2017. We recommend that any installations using 4.0 be upgraded to Rudder 4.1 as soon as possible.
- 4.1.1 (changelog, upgrade documentation) – Rudder 4.1 is currently the latest stable release of Rudder. It will become the next ESR release, after a stabilization and observation period. It will hence be maintained at least 6 months after the following ESR release is announced.
These releases include the following changes:
- [#10556, 4.1] rudder-server-relay now includes a new rudder-pkg command. Alongside with a package format (.rpkg), it allows easy installation and upgrade of Rudder plugins. In particular, plugins will now be kept across Rudder upgrades.
- [#10576 3.1, 4.0 and 4.1] After noticing the Rudder agent was particularly slow when manipulating policies containing large variables, for example many instances of the same technique, we looked for the cause. We found an inefficient handling of variables in some contexts, leading to a lot of useless copies of variables in memory. Fixing this issue allows adding 500 users on a node in 16 seconds (compared to 10 minutes previously). The run time for an almost empty policy can be reduced up to 50% as well. This change has two practical effects:
- Greatly lower the agent’s run time, allowing large policies to run smoothly, and reducing the overhead of the agent
- Improve the policy generation time thanks to faster policy syntax checks
The following important bugs were fixed:
- [#10312, 3.1, 4.0 and 4.1] The “Download files from the shared folder” technique may replace an existing directory instead of copying a file inside
- [#9448, 3.1, 4.0 and 4.1] Missing “user techniques” in the technique editor when exporting / importing archives
- [#10569, 4.1] JSON node properties added from the Web interface are considered as plain text
- [#10574, 4.1] Rudder Debian 8 repository contains unneeded packages from backports repositories (that cause dependency issues when running an upgrade or dist-upgrade)
These are bug fix releases, and all installations should be upgraded when possible.
We are impatient to hear your feedback, be it comments, questions on Twitter (@RudderProject) or on IRC (#rudder on Freenode), bug reports or feature requests on the bug tracker (or of course GitHub pull requests).Release