The following versions were released on 20th February 2017:
- 3.1.18 (changelog, upgrade documentation) – Rudder 3.1 is currently the ESR version of Rudder. It will be maintained 6 months after the next ESR release is announced.
- 3.2.11 (changelog, upgrade documentation) – Rudder 3.2 was the latest release before 4.0, and it reached end of life the 10th February 2017, this release will hence be the last on the 3.2.x branch. We recommend that any installations still using 3.2 be upgraded to Rudder 4.0 as soon as possible.
- 4.0.3 (changelog, upgrade documentation) – Rudder 4.0 is currently the latest stable release of Rudder. It will be maintained 3 months after the next major release comes out.
These are bug fix releases, and all installations should be upgraded when possible. We are impatient to hear your feedback, be it comments, questions on Twitter (@RudderProject) or on IRC (#rudder on Freenode), bug reports or feature requests on the bug tracker (or of course GitHub pull requests).
The following important bugs were fixed:
- [#9872, 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0] The service management technique is not able to disable services at boot.
- [#9500, 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0] The technique to copy files from the Rudder server reports an error when destination is a symbolic link.
- [#9913, 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0] SELinux configuration is missing in rudder-server-relay package, SELinux can now be enabled on relays.
- [#9822, 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0] Jobs are not run in Technique JobScheduler 2.0.
- [#10171, 3.1, 3.2 and 4.0] If the Rudder Web Interface is interrupted during the second step of reports archiving, then it would never succeed in archiving again.
These releases include some new features:
- [#9976, 3.1, 3.2, and 4.0] API endpoint to get information about queue status of uploaded inventories.
- [#10157, 3.1, 3.2, and 4.0] Option to not display rule status/recent changes in directives screen, this allows improving performance of the directive page for large deployments.
- [#7422, 3.1, 3.2, and 4.0] Node breakdown in the dashboard now displays actual numbers in addition to percentages.
Social tagging: Release