User story (meta) #1848
Escape special characters like ' " or ! in directive values
|Category:||Webapp - Config management|
|Target version:||Ideas (not version specific)|
I kept breaking my Rudder by setting a MOTD with double quotes in. We added a regex validator like "([^"]|(?<=\\)")*" to one PT to disallow quotes unless they're escaped, but it's a bit of a hack...
In a more global frame, this should probably be applied automatically to almost all input passed to CFEngine...
#1 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE about 3 years ago
- Target version changed from 23 to Ideas (2.4 specific)
#2 Updated by François ARMAND almost 3 years ago
- Target version changed from Ideas (2.4 specific) to Ideas (2.5 specific)
#3 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE over 2 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to User story (meta)
- Subject changed from MOTD Policy Instance can't escape characters like ' " or ! to Escape special characters like ' " or ! in directive values
- Description updated (diff)
- Priority changed from 4 to 3
- Target version changed from Ideas (2.5 specific) to Ideas (not version specific)
- Needs translating set to No
#4 Updated by Michael Gliwinski almost 2 years ago
- 2 set to 0
I just ran into this in checkGenericFileContent technique.
It appears #2947 is related too.