User story (meta) #1623
better quality for images (screenshots)
|Assignee:||Matthieu CERDA||% Done:||
|Target version:||Rudder - 2.4.0~alpha3|
In PDF output, current images are now defined as 150 dpi pictures. With 300 dpi they look out to small.
With 300 dpi pictures, output would look greater.
#1 Updated by Fabrice FLORE-THÉBAULT over 3 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
On my laptop, when i take screenshots, the produced file is OK to be printed at 150 dpi in the PDF output.
To set print resolution of the picture i did following : Open in GIMP, set picture print size from 72dpi to 150dpi and save.
If I set the resolution to 300dpi (which would give the best output), images are to small and unreadable.
If I omit to set the resolution, images are printed with a 72dpi output, which is very pixellised.
For now, i will continue to take screenshots and change resolution to 150 dpi.
Maybe a screenshot session on a high resolution screen would produce better quality images ?
Someone who can take this in charge just before release, when we know every images that are necessary ?
#2 Updated by Fabrice FLORE-THÉBAULT about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Qualified to Discussion
- Target version changed from 19 to Ideas (2.3 specific)
take this into account for each new images.
maybe find a way to force the dpi on pdf output.
#3 Updated by François ARMAND about 3 years ago
- Target version changed from Ideas (2.3 specific) to Ideas (2.4 specific)
#4 Updated by François ARMAND about 3 years ago
- Target version changed from Ideas (2.4 specific) to Ideas (2.5 specific)
#5 Updated by Fabrice FLORE-THÉBAULT almost 3 years ago
- Assignee set to Fabrice FLORE-THÉBAULT
- Target version changed from Ideas (2.5 specific) to 2.4.0~alpha3
- Needs translating set to No
#7 Updated by Fabrice FLORE-THÉBAULT almost 3 years ago
-resample is not right.
this conversion is working:
convert -density 150 image.png image.png
#8 Updated by Fabrice FLORE-THÉBAULT almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Discussion to Pending technical review
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset e47b205890d15be5a100b26b78beb30e885c6a17.
#9 Updated by Matthieu CERDA almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to In progress
- Assignee changed from Fabrice FLORE-THÉBAULT to Matthieu CERDA
- % Done changed from 100 to 90
This is OK, but the dependencies installation were not updated : it should now include imagemagick as well ! I'll do it.
#10 Updated by Matthieu CERDA almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
Applied in changeset 0af85c6168ca6cb295fca5493ed56304c893f814.
#13 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending functional review