[rudder-users] [Release] Rudder 8.1.0 released

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at rudder.io
Mon Apr 15 17:14:36 CEST 2024

Dear Rudder community,

After a bunch of pre-releases, started in January with our first alpha,
ended by our last week release candidate, we are very proud to announce
the availability of a new version Rudder: Rudder 8.1.0.

Rudder 8.1 new major features includes:

  * *Rudder score:* We now provide a score (From A, the best, to F) for
    each node within Rudder based on different axis (compliance, patch
    level, vulnerabilities ...), giving you better insights on your Nodes
  * *Group Compliance: *A new compliance view, allowing you to assess
    the compliance of all nodes within a group, showing global
    compliance (all rules) or only rules targeting this group.
  * *Multi tenants:* Restrict the view of some users to only a subset of
    all your nodes, so they won't have access to your whole it, but only
    the part that interests them (Available with a subscription)
  * *Audit/Enforce on methods:* In techniques, allows you to choose
    whether a method should run in Audit or Enforce, giving more control
    on your techniques behavior and empowering them with new use cases
  * *Select parameters:* A new parameter type for your techniques,
    making it easier for a technique user to choose a valid parameter in
    a list of pre established values, instead of writing it directly
  * *User management improvements:* OIDC based user provisioning, and
    extended user information make access to Rudder server easier and
    more comprehensive to you (Available with a subscription)
  * Lots of technical debt removed, dependency update and other things
    you won't see but make your Rudder more secure and reliable!

This version of Rudder is a final release. We have tested it thoroughly
and believe it to be free of any major bugs.

More details about the new features and installation/upgrade procedures
can be found in the Releases notes:

https://docs.rudder.io/changelogs/8.1/index.html

We look forward to your feedback on:
https://twitter.com/rudderio