[rudder-users] [Release] Rudder 8.0.0~beta1 released

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at rudder.io
Thu Sep 7 23:18:59 CEST 2023

Dear Rudder community,

We are very proud to announce that we have released a new version:
Rudder 8.0.0~beta1.

Rudder 8.0 new major features includes:

  * *Rudder language*: Techniques now use our own language as backend,
    especially those built from the web editor. You can also edit code
    directly in the technique editor. See
    https://docs.rudder.io/techniques/8.0/ for more details
  * *System update campaigns on Windows*: Add the possibility to install
    specific KB and updates, instead of doing full system updates.
  * *Shared file manager*: It's possible to manage files from the shared
    file directly in web interface, making it much more useable
  * *Getting rid of angularjs:* We had lots of our web application
    written with an out of date and unmaintained version of Angular JS,
    we rewrote everything with elm.
  * Lots of technical debt removed, dependency update and other things
    you won't see but make your Rudder more secure and reliable!

This software is in beta status and contains several new features but we
have tested it and believe it to be free of any critical bugs.

The use on production systems is not encouraged at this time and is at
your own risk. However, we do encourage testing, and welcome all and any
feedback!

More details about the new features and installation/upgrade procedures
can be found in the changelog:

https://docs.rudder.io/changelogs/8.0/index.html

We look forward to your feedback on:
https://twitter.com/rudderio