[rudder-users] [Release] Rudder 7.3.0~rc1 released

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at rudder.io
Mon Mar 20 16:53:21 CET 2023

Dear Rudder community,

We are very proud to announce that we have released a new version:
Rudder 7.3.0~rc1.

Rudder 7.3 new major features includes:

  * *New software update campaigns*: Create campaigns to update only a
    subset of software, especially useful to fix securities issues (who
    said openssl ?)
  * *System update campaigns on Windows*: Like Linux nodes, you can now
    upgrade your systems using our system update campaigns
  * *Directive compliance*: We added a new tab in directive view to
    display the compliance of a Directive, showing all rules/nodes
    applying it. It comes with an API, and a button to download a CSV
  * *Specific rights for plugins:* We added customized rights for
    plugins, so that you can give access to "vulnerabilities checks" or
    "system updates" without giving access to your whole Rudder.
  * *Custom roles*: Define a set of rights that fulfills your needs and
    set it to your user directly.
  * *Reworked Windows agent*: new engine reworked (more stable and
    auditable) and now packages as a MSI.

This software is in beta status and contains several new features but we
have tested it and believe it to be free of any critical bugs.

The use on production systems is not encouraged at this time and is at
your own risk. However, we do encourage testing, and welcome all and any
feedback!

More details about the new features and installation/upgrade procedures
can be found in the changelog:

https://docs.rudder.io/changelogs/7.3/index.html

We look forward to your feedback on:
https://twitter.com/rudderio