[rudder-users] [Release] Rudder 7.3.0

Alexis Mousset alexis.mousset at rudder.io
Tue Apr 11 10:41:09 CEST 2023

Dear Rudder community,

We are very proud to announce the release of Rudder 7.3.0.

Rudder 7.3 new major features include:

  - New software update campaigns: Create campaigns to update only a
    subset of software, especially useful to fix securities issues (who
    said openssl?)
  - System update campaigns on Windows: Like Linux nodes, you can now
    upgrade your systems using our system update campaigns
  - Directive compliance: We added a new tab in directive view to
    display the compliance of a Directive, showing all rules/nodes
    applying it. It comes with an API, and a button to download a CSV
  - Specific rights for plugins: We added customized rights for
    plugins, so that you can give access to "vulnerabilities checks" or
    "system updates" without giving access to your whole Rudder.
  - Custom roles: Define a set of rights that fulfills your needs and
    set it to your user directly.
  - Reworked Windows agent: new engine reworked (more stable and
    auditable) and now packages as a MSI.
  - Amazon Linux 2023 is now fully supported as server, relay and agent.

More details about the new features and installation/upgrade procedures
can be found in the release notes:

    https://docs.rudder.io/changelogs/7.3/index.html

We look forward to your feedback on:

- https://twitter.com/rudderio