[rudder-users] Issue in upgrade script of release 6.1.10/6.2.3 impacting some Debian-based system

Francois Armand francois at rudder.io
Thu Mar 18 20:46:09 CET 2021

Dear community,

We discovered an issue in Rudder upgrade script impacting some
Debian-based system in our last 6.1.10 / 6.2.3 release.
It prevents synchronization of techniques in their most recent version
during the upgrade.
The issue is detailed in https://issues.rudder.io/issues/19044.

It is now corrected, and a new set of patch release is coming soon.
We advice to wait for these releases to avoid any inconvenience if it is
possible.

In the meantime, if you already upgraded your Rudder to version 6.1.10
or 6.2.3 and you got an error during upgrade script, you can work around
the problem with these two commands:

  * 1/ While being logged in as root user in Rudder root server, apply
    corrective patch to upgrade script:

    *sed -i -e 's/rsync --delete/rsync --delete --ignore-times/g'
    /opt/rudder/bin/rudder-upgrade*

  * 2/ Execute again upgrade script:

    */opt/rudder/bin/rudder-upgrade*

Wishing you nonetheless a pleasant day,