[rudder-users] Rudder 6.1.10 released

Vincent Membré vincent at rudder.io
Thu Mar 18 17:25:15 CET 2021

Dear community,

The Rudder team is very pleased to announce we have just released a new
version: Rudder 6.1.10.

More details can be found in the changelog:
*
****https://docs.rudder.io/changelogs/6.1/index.html*

This is a bug fix release in the 6.1 series and all installations of 6.1
should be upgraded when possible.

Please note that we corrected several critical bugs inside Rudder core
systems that could change the behavior of Rudder, especially:

- https://issues.rudder.io/issues/18995: We fixed lock issues in Rudder
server logic, this should make Rudder safer and faster and thus we
recommend all users to update to 6.1.10

- https://issues.rudder.io/issues/18832: Sometimes, the agent processes
were piling up, exhausting resources of the machine, this has been
fixed, another important reason to update to 6.1.10

- https://issues.rudder.io/issues/18893: We improved the reload of our
policy sharing service, which could, under a heavy load, prevent new
nodes / new authorized networks to update their policy

- https://issues.rudder.io/issues/18995: Policy generation fails when
there was new parameter for a technique, as they were considered empty,
leading to a policy generation with maybe inadequate values. Policy
generation now makes an error and you should update all your directives
with the new parameter when adding one to a Technique.

- https://issues.rudder.io/issues/18955: OOM exception now stops Rudder
correctly with information logs either in rudder-jetty service or in
webapp logs, but some JVM, especially old Java 8, don't log anything

Upgrade

-------

For upgrade instructions, see:

https://docs.rudder.io/reference/6.1/installation/upgrade/notes.html.

Other links (sources and repositories) are available on:

https://docs.rudder.io/versions

Feedback
--------

We look forward to hearing your feedback on:

https://twitter.com/rudderio
https://chat.rudder.io (or #rudder on freenode)
https://issues.rudder.io

Wishing you a pleasant day!