[rudder-users] suggestion add sysctl settings to directive library

tim taler robur314 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 21:12:47 CET 2019

Hi all,

I wonder why there is not a ready made directive to set sysctl
settings in rudder.

We used to have several tuning settings for sysctl (like swappiness,
dirty_ratio and other)

I created a simple user technique for it:
a "File key-value present" promise
and a sysctl -p command execution on the condition that the above
promise was repaired.
having "key" and "value" in a parameter I can instantiate a directive
for various key-value pairs

I just wondered why this is not already included in the directives,
since sysctl settings are IMO quite common.

best regards