[rudder-users] question on policy change tracking

Francois Armand francois at rudder.io
Fri Nov 15 09:35:51 CET 2019

Hello,

You are right that the changes are only followed for
rules/directives/parameters/groups, and not techniques.
The reason is a bad one (historically, "technique" was a bit appart,
with simpler update workflows, and we are working to set-them back in
the common one).

The changes are still traced (you can see in "event logs" that a
technique changed, and of course the
`/var/rudder/configuration-repository` git repository store all
changes), but the UX is not yet the same as for rules/etc. We are
working on it. In 6.0, we did some backend changes that were necessary
to bring back together techniques and other configuration elements, and
in 7.0 (next year) they should have the same status as other.

The change validation plugin allows to add a validation workflow (with
mandatory review/validation) with the same scope.

Hope it helps !

<http://www.rudder.io/> 	*François ARMAND*
CTO
*T:* +33 183 62 99 23 *M:* +33 663 37 60 55