[rudder-users] Ubuntu 12.04 EOL support for Rudder Server in 4.1.12

François Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Fri May 18 12:47:57 UTC 2018

Dear Rudder users,

We are forced to stop Ubuntu 12.04 support for Rudder server and relay
(but not for agents!) as soon as for the next minor releases of Rudder,
versions 4.1.12.

*Rudder relay 4.1.11 will be the last version of Rudder with Ubuntu
12.04 support*.

We tried to keep it alive as far as we could, but since Ubuntu stopped
the official support, we are facing a lot of breakages (package
availability, security protocol not supported, etc). The last round of
them proved far to costly for us, given that there is no recent
downloads for that version. And it's 6 years old, with 3 other LTS between.

If anybody is bothered by that end of support, please let us know ! If
there is still an actual users using it, we would love to hear about you!

Farewell, little distribution, you served us for good.

*François ARMAND*
/Co-founder & CTO/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55