[rudder-users] file_copy_from_local_source_recursion

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Thu Mar 1 09:08:32 CET 2018

Hi Vinoth,

First of all, sorry for the delay in the answer, the moderations on this
ML was not functionning properly, and so this mail has just been released.

The generic method file_copy_from_local_source_recursion is used to copy
a local file, so the source and the destination files need to be on the
same file; for instance

source: /usr/share/zoneinfo/GMT

destination: /etc/localtime

Since you mention on IP adress, I gather you want to copy a file from a
distant system. In this case, you have several choices:

  * copying from the Rudder server with file_copy_from_remote_source [1]
    which lets you copy a file from the Rudder server (file should be
    located within /var/rudder/configuration-repository/shared-files/ or
    any of its subdirectory) to the local node
  * downloading a file from the Internet with file_download [2] which
    download a file using curl (or wget if curl is not available)
  * copying file from one node to another - in this case you need to
    first expose the file by applying sharedfile_to_node on the node
    that has the file, and set
      o to which node you want to share this file
      o the file you want to share
      o and ID for this file

         and then use the generic method sharedfile_from_node, apply it
on the node that will get the file, and set

      o the node that shared the file
      o the file ID
      o and the destination of the file

Does it help you ?

Again, sorry for the delay in the answer,

Regards,

Nicolas

[1] http://www.ncf.io/pages/reference.html#file_copy_from_remote_source

[2] http://www.ncf.io/pages/reference.html#file_download