[rudder-users] How to check/configure firewall of nodes

Janos Mattyasovszky mail at matya.eu
Mon Jul 30 08:55:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have had a similar problem when it was about ensuring compliance of firewalls.
The problem is, each distro/version has different methods, some have firewalld, some ufw etc.

My approach was to write a wrapper script that can do "check" and "apply", and I used an NCF Technique that executed "check" and then "apply" if check returned a problem.

Note: I wrote a simliar tooling that manages the FW with plain iptables, that can add/flush the rules and compare them to the supposed setting (using iptables -S to display all rules and I am comparing them line-by-line to an exported config file)

Regards
--
Janos Mattyasovszky