[rudder-users] Git "rudder" repository need special update after a breaking merge

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Fri Feb 16 11:21:51 CET 2018

Hello,

Yesterday we had a merge problem with our automated script which broke
the "rudder" Git repository.

Details of the problem and workaround are in
https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/12128

If you are not using that repository, you can safely ignore that message.

On the other hand, you will need to reset branches 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and
master.

There are several methods describe in the ticket, two of them follow:

  * the simplest, if you use the repository only for read, is to delete
    the repository and clone it back:
      o rm -rf my_repos/rudder
      o git clone https://github.com/Normation/rudder.git
  * if you use the repository for development, you will need to update
    all branches:
      o *git fetch*
          + you will see a message about a force update
      o for i in 4.1 4.2 4.3; do git checkout branches/rudder/$i ; git
        reset --hard origin/branches/rudder/$i ; done
      o git checkout master ; git reset --hard origin/master

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a nice day !

*François ARMAND*
/Co-founder & CTO/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55