[rudder-users] OCS Inventory agent package installation fails with exit code 100

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Thu Sep 14 09:33:47 CEST 2017

Le 12/09/2017 à 18:13, Rob Pomeroy a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install the OCS Inventory agent via rudder. When Rudder
> attempts to run this promise, it fails with exit code 100:
>

>     rudder  verbose: P: BEGIN promise 'promise_package_lib_cf_174' of
>     type "packages" (pass 1)
>     rudder  verbose: P:  Promiser/affected object: 'ocsinventory-agent'
>     rudder  verbose: P:  From parameterized bundle: ncf_package(
>     {"ocsinventory-agent","latest","default","default","present",""})
>     rudder  verbose: P:  Base context class:
>     use_apt_provider.!architecture_specified.version_specified
>     rudder  verbose: P:  Stack path:
>     /default/rudder_directives/methods/'Install OCS Inventory
>     agent/Install OCS Inventory
>     agent'/default/package_management/methods/'package_1'/default/package_state/methods/'action'/default/ncf_package/packages/'ocsinventory-agent'[1]
>     rudder  verbose: Command
>     '/var/rudder/cfengine-community/modules/packages/apt_get
>     repo-install' returned with non zero return code: 100
>     rudder     info: Some error occurred while communicating with
>     package module while installing package.
>        error: Error installing package 'ocsinventory-agent'
>

> Is this because the ocsinventory-agent package runs a wizard
> immediately following installation? Or is there some other reason?
>
> I haven't been able to find any documentation for the CF Engine return
> code. If I install the package manually, installation proceeds without
> error. This occurs on Ubuntu 14 & 16 (64-bit).
>
> Any ideas?

Dear Rob,

Which version of Rudder are you using?
This looks very much like this bug:
https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/11207 which has been fixed
in Rudder 4.1.7

So I recommend that you upgrade Rudder, or, if you can't upgrade yet,
there is a workaround described at the bottom of the answers in the ticket,

Kind regards,
Nicolas