[rudder-users] [IMPORTANT NOTICE] Impossible to create new directives in 4.2.1 - please wait for 4.2.2

Francois Armand francois.armand at normation.com
Wed Nov 8 17:20:03 CET 2017

Dear community,

We just found that the correction of ticket #11642
<https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/11642> introduced a
regression in Rudder 4.2.1 which makes impossible the creation of new
directives thanks to the UI
<https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/11713>. You can still
edit existing directives, clone them, or create new one thanks to the
API
<http://www.rudder-project.org/rudder-api-doc/#api-Directives-createDirective>.

Only Rudder 4.2.1 is subjected to that problem. If you don't have
updated yet to Rudder 4.2.1, we advice to wait for Rudder 4.2.2 to avoid
any inconvenience.

We are in the process of releasing that new v4.2.2 which corrects that
regression, and which should be available tomorrow.

If you already upgraded, the best option is to wait for Rudder 4.2.2 and
upgrade as soon as that version is available or to create new directives
with the API (and can still modify them via the UI after that first
creation step).

For your information, the correction is merged and release 4.2.2 is
tagged here https://github.com/Normation/rudder/releases/tag/4.2.2.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

*François ARMAND*
/Co-founder & CTO/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Telephone: 	+33 (0)1 83 62 99 23
Mobile: 	+33 (0)6 63 37 60 55