[rudder-users] Ideas and Brainstorming on Rudder

Janos Mattyasovszky mail at matya.eu
Tue Mar 14 10:04:21 CET 2017

Hi dear Rudder Developers / Community,

We are currently in the middle establishing Rudder as primary Config-Management tool for our Linux-Infrastructure, which consists of a quite big diverse environment - world wide.

We are having a lookout and brainstorming for the future 3-5-10 years, and this requires us to think about issues like "how to scale Rudder to manage 5k, 10k, 15k nodes in a sane matter" and about some security hardening, to make it even more robust against bad guys.

We have identified some challenges and came up with some ideas on how it could be solved, I'd be glad to hear the opinion of the community and the developers on this, and send each of the topics in different emails, so it's better to read and answer, however, some ideas intersect with others.

Thank you for your time and feedback,

Best Regards,
Janos Mattyasovszky