[rudder-users] Ncf method

Benoit Peccatte benoit.peccatte at normation.com
Fri Nov 4 10:43:06 CET 2016

Le 31/10/2016 à 10:17, Maxime Longuet a écrit :
> I want often make directive with a move file inside. Maybe good idea to have NCF File method to move_file :)

Moving a file is not really a promise, this is because it is not a
state, it is an action.

For example if I say "I want this file to be removed" it is a state, I
can check that the file has been removed or not, remove it if needed and
check again that is has been properly removed.

If I say "I want this file to be moved" I cannot tell if the file has
been moved, or just deleted. And if the file is not here, is it an error
or is the promise kept ?

*Logo Normation Benoît Peccatte*
/Architecte/
Normation <http://www.normation.com>
*87, Rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France*
Phone: 	+33 (0)1 85 08 48 96