[rudder-users] Trash node

Nicolas Charles nicolas.charles at normation.com
Wed Nov 2 11:35:10 CET 2016

Hi,

when a node is deleted, its data are indeed not completely removed:
- inventory is still stored in LDAP, in the ou=Removed Inventory
- technical logs are not purged directly, but have the same lifecycle
than all other reports
- generated policies are not deleted ( see
https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/4709 )

So, if the deleted node sends a new inventory, and you accept it, you'll
get back all its information, as for a standard node

Would you like a script to completly purge the data of the nodes ? or
something in the web interface ?

Kind regards,
Nicolas

Le 02/11/2016 à 10:56, Maxime Longuet a écrit :
> Yes  +1 too
>

>> Le 2 nov. 2016 à 07:47, Janos.Mattyasovszky at bmw.de a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have exactly the opposite problem:
>>
>> When we delete nodes due being decommissioned, the old information still stays in LDAP, polluting the backups and startup speed.
>>
>> It would be reasonable to provide a method to delete the node permanently.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Janos
>>
>> --
>> BMW Group
>> Janos Mattyasovszky
>> Information Management
>> Linux, Unix, Openstack (FG-941)
>> Linux Solutions
>> Bremer Strasse 6
>> 80807 München
>>
>> Postanschrift:
>> 80788 München
>>
>> Tel: +49-89-382-13280
>> Mail: janos.mattyasovszky at bmw.de
>> Web: https://www.bmwgroup.com/
>> Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
>> Board of Management: Harald Krüger (Chairman),
>> Milagros Caiña Carreiro-Andree, Markus Duesmann,
>> Friedrich Eichiner, Klaus Fröhlich, Ian Robertson,
>> Peter Schwarzenbauer, Oliver Zipse.
>> Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Norbert Reithofer
>> Registered in Germany: München HRB 42243

Nicolas CHARLES